This blog is a demonstration of my creative photographic work from A-Level Photography and the beginning of my Final Major Project for my Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.

Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Darkness of Fairy Tales Photography

I am currently doing my final major project for my Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, I have spent the year trying to improve my art skills so that I can combine them with my photography when needed and where I feel it fits. Throughout the year I have been reminded about my passion for photography and am happy that I have been able to go back to doing the thing I love with more experience, knowledge and creativity. I chose to do the theme of Fairy Tales because it is something I have always wanted to photograph and after doing my surrealism project, I have been opened up to the world of darker photography, something I really enjoy and something I want to do more, this gave me the chance to explore the true darkness and origins of some fairy tales and combine the present day interpretations such as Disney with a twisted mind behind the camera changing them.
Here are the few photos I have done so far....


All of these photos are based on Snow White, as a signature thing of the Snow White story is the apple, i have focused a lot on that, but I am currently in the process of photographing  more of the story such as the heart in a box (jar in my case) and other fairy tales such as Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood...












These are some photos of my Sketchbook where I have been brainstorming visual ideas in preparation for my photographs...







No comments:

Post a Comment