This blog is a demonstration of my creative photographic work from A-Level Photography and the beginning of my Final Major Project for my Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Pattern Photography and Influences

For my A Level Photography I chose the theme of Patterns. Originally thinking that this would be too easy and boring to have as a theme I chose something else, but soon enough I started seeing patterns in everything around me and could not stop thinking about all of the different ways they could be photographed and portrayed which was something I then became very eager to do. I used the influence of other photographers and my own creative way of thinking to achieve my pattern themed photography project.


This photo is by Michael Bosanko, his method of creating light drawings using a long
 exposure and  a source of light influenced me to do my own.






I then continued to used long exposures to create more patterns withing a photograph.


This photo is by Peter Keetman, I like the way he uses reflection and a liquid to create a pattern,
so I did a similar thing by using different variations of liquids.









I wanted to show the variety of natural patterns that are within food and nature, something I noticed a lot more after not choosing the pattern theme and something that made me change my mind to then desperately wanting to photograph patterns.










This photo is by Alexander Rodchenko, as well as natural patterns there are so many
man made ones we don't tend to notice but after seeing the impact of this
black and white photo I chose to show them in the same manor.







Below are some photos of my pattern's sketchbook.







No comments:

Post a Comment